PPC 2400S – Externally Mounted Double Split Seal – The World’s First (And Only) Split Double Seal
Radially split seals allow for easy installation of mechanical seals on double ended pumps and larger pieces of equipment which are generally labor intensive when installing non-split seals. The 2400S is ideal for pulp & paper; corn, grain & food processing; wastewater; power generation; mining; steel and many other applications.
- Simple Installation Installs in 15 minutes or less without dismantling equipment, and with no special training or skills.
- 2400S is a Double Seal Pumps and mixers can be sealed without having to put large quantities of water into the process utilizing a plan 54 flush.
- Unique “Stacked” Faces allow it to be utilized even in the smaller ANSI pumps without modification.
- 2400S is Field Repairable with a repair kit. The seal’s initial cost is comparable to a regular double cartridge, but the repairs thereafter significantly reduce seal costs.
- You don’t have to pull the pump with obvious savings in labor, downtime, pump shop time, inventory, etc.
- Gland is Self-Centering with spacers affixed in place preventing their accidental removal.
- Rotary Unit is Locked to Shaft using set screws virtually eliminates slippage.
- Stationary Springs are Isolated from pumped fluid and unaffected if gland is misaligned.
- Temperatures to 300 °F
- Pressures to 150 PSI (depending on size & speed)
- Speeds up to 3600 RPM